Once a client decides to trade securities on a stock exchange using a different currency than the one the client has on his or her trading account, for settlement purposes Fio can exchange these funds for the required currency. Fio also offers a unique service whereby this exchange is completed at the moment the client's buy or sell order is settled for the given security.
- Fio provides CZK, USD, EUR, PLN and HUF foreign exchange conversions.
- By investing in a foreign currency, a client can earn returns on the appreciation of a foreign currency in addition to returns on securities investments.
- The ability to convert the exact amount a client needs to make a securities purchase or received from a sale is key.
Foreign exchange principle
When a client converts a given sum it is immediately made available for the trade in the requested currency and the converted amount is deducted from the original currency in his or her account. If a client is interested in converting an exact amount to settle a trade, the order to buy the security is entered in the amount necessary to settle the trade. The conversion occurs when the securities are actually purchased and on the date the trade is settled (regularly 2 to 3 days after the order is settled depending on the rules for the given stock exchange). When selling securities, the client can enter the currency into which the sold amount will be converted on the settlement date. The client's trading account will be credited with the funds in the requested currency. All conversion orders can be placed in person, over the phone or electronically in the e-Broker application.
Conditions for receiving services
- Fio receives its foreign exchange rates on a daily basis from ČSOB. Exchange buy and sell rates are used without any additional fees.
- No other fees are charged for conversion orders.
- Fio provides foreign exchange conversions for its clients with valid commission contracts on the basis of conversion orders or orders to trade securities in other currencies without the need to agree on any other contract.
All exchange rate in table are against EUR.
To get exchange rates of other currency pairs supported by Fio banka, use currency calculator.
|Currency||Country||Amount||Nákup||Predaj||ECB exchange rate|
|CZK||Czech Republic (the)||1||27,62222||26,41978||27,02100|
|GBP||United Kingdom (the)||1||0,88026||0,83313||0,85550|
|RUB||Russian Federation (the)||1||63,50756||59,80808||61,41900|
|USD||United States (the)||1||1,08350||1,02550||1,05330|